Modified PTFE offers possibilities for new applications or pushes the limits of regular PTFE, especially in applications where security is paramount. Applications can be found in the sealing technology, construction and/or semiconductor industry.
Regular PTFE has well-known properties which are often the gold standard in our modern industry, like:
• Very good chemical resistance
• Wide temperature range; -200°C to +260°C
• Good electrical insulating properties
• Does not age
• Lowest coefficient of friction
• Best anti-adhesive properties
Modified PTFE is modified in the molecule and offers enhanced features that play a role in special applications, especially in the area of safety and reliability. Modified PTFE is also known as TFM, from which Dyneon® TFM 1600 and Dyneon® TFM 1700 are most famous.
Compared to regular PTFE, TFM has the following improved properties
• Reduced cold flow by factor 3
• Firmer polymer structure
• Less permeable (factor 2) for chemicals and gases
• Smoother surface for machining
• More transparent
• Injection mouldable in special cases (Moldflon®)
These properties do not reduce the already known unique properties of PTFE.
Modified PTFE can also be supplied with known fillers such as glass, carbon, graphite, MoS2, bronze etc.
Our specialists will gladly help you with advice on modified PTFE.