Polyfluor Plastics supplies PTFE tubing according AWG standard as well. AWG (American Wire Gauge) is the standard for electrical applications/insulation applications. AWG tubing will be supplied on coils or spools, depending on the size. Standard colour of PTFE AWG tubing is milky white/slight transparent, but available in other colours as well.
Key properties of PTFE tubing
• Excellent chemical resistance
• Working temperature -190°C to +260°C
• Greatest resistance to fatigue (Wöhler curve)
• FDA approved
• Flame resistant - UL94V0
• No stick
• Low coefficient of friction
• UV-resistant (does not age)
• Not hygroscopic (water absorption < 0,01%)
• Very good dielectric insulation properties
Properties of PTFE can be improved by adding additives as carbon, graphite, glass etc.
Please contact our sales engineers if you require more information, an inquiry or to evaluate samples. Or download our technical data sheets.