Our PTFE rod is available in various diameters and lengths. On coil or reel with production lengths, straight lengths of 1000/2000/3000 mm or on customer-specific cut lengths. For applications requiring an exact diameter and roundness, we recommend grounded rod. This rod is processed after extrusion so desired diameter and roundness are guaranteed.
Key properties of PTFE
• Excellent chemical resistance
• Working temperature -190°C to +260°C
• Greatest resistance to fatigue (Wöhler curve)
• FDA approved
• Flame resistant - UL94V0
• No stick
• Low friction
• UV-resistant (does not age)
• Not hygroscopic (water absorption < 0,01%)
• Very good dielectric dielectric insulation properties
Properties of PTFE can be improved by adding additives as carbon, graphite, glass etc.
Please contact our sales engineers if you require more information, an inquiry or to evaluate samples. Or download our technical data sheets.